Friday, March 30, 2012

Kitchen Reno: New beginnings

The electrician was busy on Tuesday morning, adding power points and moving light switches.


The builder came on Wednesday to finish off the walls, which I neglected to take a photo of (well they weren't that exciting, they're just walls), and he also jackhammered up the tiles and glue, leaving us with a blank slate.

On Wednesday night R & I plastered up the bulkhead, & The Puzzle arrived first thing Thursday morning.

By lunchtime on Thursday the cabinets and bench were in, and it was starting to take shape.

3 comments:

  1. Yep, well done, great choice/design. I like the extra drawers dining room side... :o) Your pantry looks about the same size as mine.. won't take much to fill up. Love the "skinny" dishwasher.. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mum! The drawers make the corner space useable now, it was a bit of a black-hole before. Yes, the pantry is as wide as yours, but I think it's a little bit deeper. It also has different shelves. I've used the bottom shelf for all my pots and pans, so now it looks full and I won't fill up the leftover space with random stuff that we don't need! I love it. All of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's looking great. It's amazing how it can change the feel of a room. I agree that it's the finishing that takes up most of the time. Anyway, it good to see you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete